Immediate opening for a Team Leader in our Production Welding Department.
- Leads the production line(s) through supporting the production associates in a safe, efficient and quality oriented work directions, instructions and training.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily safety and quality control
- Assure daily production schedule is complete
- Support and train other associates when manpower is being moved around for cross training or absenteeism job placement
- Know and be able to operate all production stations in assigned area
- Maintain quality check records, equipment records and scrap records
- Attend all Team Leader meetings
- Responsible for housekeeping activities/projects during downtime and at the end of the shift
- Lead daily start up meeting for assigned area
- Responsible for all associates in area
- Responsible for daily and monthly paperwork completion
- Assure Red Rabbit part checks are completed and confirmed good at the beginning at each shift and at each model change over
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends
- Ability to rotate jobs or shifts
- Maintain attendance per KLP policy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some travel maybe involved for training or skill up activity to meet all requirements.
- Carry out request by any member of Management responsible for the overall operation of the department.
Supplemental Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain TPM activities in area
- Attend monthly safety committee meetings
- Create and carry out Project Improvement Plans in area
- Perform basic routine PM’s on equipment
- Take and record monthly equipment and associate cycle times
- Assist and respond to all downtime situations and troubleshooting problems.
- Understanding and commitment towards achieving the company’s business plan.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Team Leader position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED).
- At least six (6) months experience in the weld department.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to analyze and solve problems related to assigned work area.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The Team Leader is required to wear all personal protective equipment necessary to work in the welding production area.
- The associate may frequently lift and move 10 to 60 pounds and occasionally lift and carry items weighing 60 pounds or more. Parts baskets and bins, either empty or full (weighing up to 1200 pounds) will have to be pushed short distances periodically throughout the shift.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Team Leaders are required to work in a typical manufacturing environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Associates are required to work an 8.25-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Associates are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes, uniform and safety shoes, bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves).
KTH Leesburg Products LLC offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should complete the application form and submit your resume in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.