Immediate opening for a 3rd shift Stamping Quality Staff associate in our Total Quality Assurance (TQA) Department.
- Perform daily activities and projects for the TQA / Stamping Department, including but not limited to auditing, measuring, inspections, documentation, data collection, sorting good from no good parts, destructive testing, and supporting production departments as deemed necessary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and report on Production Quality issues.
- Correctly write KTR’s for all Quality issues in-house/customer.
- Write part repair/sort standards.
- Manage Quality sorts and part repairs from start to finish.
- Monitor child part and comp accuracy from Stamping/Weld/Vendor.
- Perform line audits and countermeasure N/G findings.
- Perform root cause investigation into quality issues found by the customer or in-house and implement countermeasure.
- Collect and feed forward Stamping information on Accuracy up projects to die crash repairs to the Weld Dept.
- Audit Stamping part Accuracy/Quality.
- Non-Conforming Parts Control.
- Develop and audit countermeasures for quality issues.
- Be willing to learn new technologies.
- Basic Computer knowledge required.
- Able to read and understand measuring instruments.
- Able to use hand tools, drills, welder, etc.
- Troubleshoot repeat quality issues during production runs.
- Work flexible hours, overtime, and/or weekends as needed.
- Rotate jobs or shifts as needed.
- Maintain attendance per KLP policy.
- Work in a team environment.
Supplemental Job Responsibilities:
- Support TQA on IPP procedures
- Support New Model Group during trial events
- Provide support when needed to assist production department.
- Complete cross-training assignments as needed
- Complete TPM assignments/requirements in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the TQA Coordinators, Asst. Manager or KLP Management
- FARO Program Run/Scan
- CPQS must be able to use properly
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Stamping Quality position
- High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED).
- Associate will be evaluated on their performance in all required areas listed in the Essential Job Responsibilities. (Manager will complete 3, 6 and 9 month tracking check for each associate in the maintaining status).
- Experience in measurements, computers and mechanical abilities are helpful.
- Willing to undergo training for the above would be required.
- Be able to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Be able to write simple correspondence.
- Be able to read measuring instruments.
- Be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear.
- The associate is required to spend most of the shift on the production floor.
- The associate may frequently lift and move about 5 to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry items weighing 65 pounds for a short distance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Stamping Quality associates are required to work in and out of a typical office environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences.
- Stamping Quality associates are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule at times overtime will be required).
- All Associates are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes uniform and safety shoes (when going into the production area – bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves) .
KTH Leesburg Products LLC offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should complete the application form and submit your resume in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.