Immediate opening in our Stamping Equipment Support Group (ESG) as an Assistant Staff Engineer.
- Support and maintain ESG business plan. Assist in all extended downtime situations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Follow all KMI Safety regulations and policies.
- Work with ESG Manager on Business Plan projects (equipment upgrades, improvements, new equipment installs, …).
- Assist with Business plan implementation and Situational Analysis’s (ex. Gap analysis between press DT act vs targets).
- Work with ESG Manager on Dept. training needs (1 on 1 associate training, benchmark associates current status, …) and schedule required training.
- Program and Troubleshoot PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Yaskawa, …).
- Program and Troubleshoot VFD’s (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, ABB, Yaskawa, …).
- Assist with Emergency/Extended Downtime situations possibly taking ownership to ensure associates learn what/what not to do (best practice).
- Develop and implement countermeasures for safety, quality and equipment problems.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on production equipment.
- Communicate with technicians from other shifts (review DT items for repeat issues and CM’s).
- Maintain tools and keep work areas clean (TPM and 5 S).
- Work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
- Rotate jobs or shifts as needed.
- Maintain attendance per KMI policy.
- Work in a team environment.
- Perform all other tasks requested by management.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Review MRM spare parts for current equipment; if required order (budget if necessary), remove obsolete items.
- Maintain and update equipment drawings (mechanical/electrical).
- Assist with PM program on iMaint.
- Communicate with K-group ESG depts. on major DT and safety concerns.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the ESG Staff Engineering position.
Education / Knowledge:
- Associates Degree in Electricity/Electronics and 2 yrs experience or 5 yrs experience with comparable training certificates.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, or Yaskawa), Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Large metal stamping press experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability too effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
Kalida Manufacturing, Inc. offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive wage and a team oriented manufacturing environment including:
Qualified candidates should submit your resume, including your mailing address, in Word or PDF format. KMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.