Immediate opening at our KTH Research and Development Center located in Plain City, Ohio. Main responsible party for general equipment, facility, and grounds maintenance / up-keep. Support R & D theme experiments per project requirements and availability.
- Facility and site up keep and maintenance needs for comfort, efficiency and economical operations.
- Support the mechanical / electrical construction, installation, daily operation, and maintenance of test / prototype equipment and machinery.
- General support for R & D experiments.
- Basic mechanical aptitude (ie. Use of hand tools, mig welding, be mechanically inclined, etc.);
- Basic understanding of HVAC;
- Basic electrical aptitude (ie. Use of tools, use of ele. meter, knowledge of basic wiring and circuits, etc.);
- Basic understanding of plumbing, fluids, hydraulics, and pneumatics;
- Minimum of two year trade school or equivalent
- Ability to understand basic robot programming;
- Willingness to take continual education classes in the mechanical, robotic & electrical fields;
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a forklift & aerial equipment permit;
- Ability to set, verify and maintain equipment settings / function;
- Must have computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point. AutoCAD and/or CATIA would be a plus;
- Ability to travel to other KTH plants, customer and vendor sites as necessary;
- Required to work overtime, weekends, odd shifts and shutdown periods in accordance with project schedules.
General Tasks (not limited to):
- Monitor utilities usage and diagnostics to ensure cost effective and efficient usage
- Monitor roof conditions for leaves, snow or other debris
- HVAC Trane system interaction, system diagnostics, daily management and window to provider and KTH facilities
- Security and camera system monitoring and maintenance and window to provider
- Support fire system analysis and inspections with safety for good working conditions
- Pneumatic system monitoring , maintenance, upgrades, etc
- Water system monitoring, treatment / maintaining, diagnostics, upgrades as needed
- General upkeep of facility appliances, bathroom – kitchen fixtures (toilets, urinals, sinks, drainage)
- TV – presentation devices – communication equipment diagnostics and maintenance
- Generator (when purchased) maintenance and monitoring
- Phone system management and maintenance. Window to KTH facilities
- Monitoring electrical / network connectivity to workzones- desk clusters
- Electrical system monitoring, minor outlet moves, light switch, replacement bulbs, load evaluation, etc (imaint- software?)
- Wallboard maintenance / patching / painting
- Monitor for leaks, diagnostics, replace ceiling tile and window to vendor
- Tree monitoring for dangerous conditions or “widow maker” conditions of loose branches
- Monitor grounds drains for clearance and flow of drainage
- Landscape monitoring and window activity with provider
- General exterior evaluation and window to contractor (DBS) for any siding, window, trimming, etc issues
- Insuring walkways are clear of leaves, snow, ice, etc. Communicate with service provider if conditions are treacherous
- Pond monitoring and pump trouble shooting
- Woods walkway, picnic tables, benches and shelter monitoring for safe condition of use
- Robot teaching/programming, diagnostics, maintenance, set-up and window activity to KTH and vendor
- Shop floor maintenance and scrub with cleaner (walk behind scrubber)
- Test lab equipment support for maintenance and diagnostics and window to vendor
- PM on all shop, forklift and lab equipment
- Carpet and polished floor monitoring and maintenance / repair, window to vendor
KTH Parts Industries, Inc. offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should submit your resume, including your mailing address, in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.