QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Immediate opening in the Total Quality Assurance Department for a 1st Shift Quality Control Technician. Applicants must be detail oriented, and have strong written and oral communication skills with preferred experience with a wide variety of measuring tools and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Work in an automotive team environment to primarily measure stamping parts and welding fixture pin/net locations via portable cmm romer to confirm part accuracy. Write die modifications and adjust weld fixtures as needed to improve or maintain part accuracy. Investigate production issues and countermeasure complex issues using various analysis tools.
Qualifications: ‘No dimensional or metrology experience needed.
- possess technical aptitude and ability to apply understanding to work
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management and internal departments.
- ability to learn measuring devices and be able to explain problems using xyz coordinates
- ability to learn software programs such as catia/polyworks
- basic understanding of the use of Microsoft excel, word, use of email
- Must be self-directed and dependable.
- must be role flexible and support any activity that may be requested outside your normal job responsibilities by management
- good communication with the customer or suppliers
- use a portable cmm machine (weld equipment layout, laser scanning)
- Customer / in-house problem-solving and countermeasure
- Project tracking (jig layout, customer / in-house problems.
- support past problem history (equipment, stamping or other that impacts quality
- support comp maturation projects
- jig layout tracking
KTH Parts Industries, Inc. offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive wages and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment.