Immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer in our Engineering Weld Automation Group.
Duel Roles and Responsibilities:
Robot Simulation Specialist:
- Use off-line Robot Simulation (DELMIA/RoboGuide) to complete robotic reach/interference/cycle time checks as well as output robot programs to help reduce weld cell online installation time.
- Investigate continuous improvement concepts on how to advance the current simulation program and its efficiency/accuracy.
- Work in a team environment with Engineering Project Leaders, Weld Engineers and outside system/fixture integrators.
Automation Project Leader:
- Investigate alternative/emerging technologies in today’s automotive manufacturing industry for implementation at our KTH Group facilities.
- Work with the Engineering Weld Planning Group associates to determine candidate processes for these technologies.
- Utilize technology such as vision / RFID systems / custom conveyors / etc. to reduce inefficiencies, improve internal manufacturing costs, and increase assembly line flexibility.
- Benchmark other companies that have implemented “outside the box” ideas and track progress
- Manage selected projects from conceptual stage to assembly line commissioning and trial events
- Minimum of 4 year degree or comparable related experience.
- Experience in robot programing with a strong understanding of 3D Modeling (CATIA) and 2D AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of PLC Programming desirable.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities and meeting project deadlines.
- Must possess analytical and creative thought process along with effective communication skills.
KTH Parts Industries, Inc. offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should submit your resume, including your mailing address, in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.