The Engineering ISG Liaison position has the responsibility to provide technical and training support to all Engineering Project Teams. The right candidate will ensure the teams have the tools, training, and procedures in place to efficiently produce models and drawings which are complete, accurate and conform to company and client standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for all CAD-CAE and Technical software products;
- Provide technical support for various Engineering software products;
- Provide support for printing, plotting and electronic file submissions;
- Develop, implement, enforce, and maintain CAD-CAE Standards;
- Create standard installation procedures for CAD-CAE systems;
- Document Archive process and method for document end of life
- Stay current with Industry standards, maintain timely review of industry periodicals;
- Assist with Strategic Planning;
- Generate written technology evaluations for future software adoption;
- Monitor and maintain Engineering software licenses;
- Ability to accurately estimate task duration and meet schedules;
- Train Users when outside training is not feasible;
- Develop training budget and overall scope;
- Perform off-the-cuff training as required to help new hires, uninitiated users through short-term requirements;
- Perform diagnostics and Best Practice investigations as needed to maintain competitive advantages and efficiency for users.
- Customer service attitude and enjoys helping people;
- Ability to write and speak clearly and communicate effectively;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Ability to multi-task;
- In-depth experience with Windows operating systems and trouble-shooting;
- Familiar with CATIA, DMU, DELMIA, AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks, AutoLISP, Visual Basic, Visual Basic for Applications, SQL, and HTML and other applications as required;
- Familiar with printing and plotting;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to go out onto the production floor.
- The associate may frequently lift and move about 4 to 8 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry items weighing 20 pounds for a short distance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associates are required to work in a typical office environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Associates are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Associates are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes, uniform and safety shoes (when going into the production area – bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves).
KTH Parts Industries offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should complete the application form and submit your resume in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.