KTH is looking for a Tooling Expert to serve as a connection between customers and KTH’s manufacturing experts. The expert will be responsible for analyzing the feasibility of part development.
- Interaction with KTH manufacturability experts to gain compliance and agreement on manufacturing process definition and C/M proposals
- Simulation and process review with simulation specialist and product designer for countermeasure proposals
- Basic analysis of formability
- Support of quote requirements and confirmation process
- Tracking of concern items and countermeasures
- Effective management of projects
- Communication and presentation of project status as needed internally and with the customer
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable. Masters Preferred.
- Understanding of metal forming principles and processes
- Willingness to take continual education classes in the area of materials and related fields as needed
- Must have computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and project
- Ability to use or understand finite element analysis (FEA) based simulation software; Autoform, AutoCAD, and/or CATIA (3D-CAD) would be a Plus.
- Ability to travel to other KTH Plants, customer, and vendor sites as necessary.
- Required to work overtime, weekends, odd shifts, and shutdown periods in accordance with project schedules
- Support KTH Engineering Tooling Group to ensure consistent direction of mass production processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Advancement opportunities
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and development programs
KTH Parts Industries, Inc. is a distinguished Tier-1 Automotive Supplier. With our headquarters in St. Paris, Ohio, we have built a reputation for producing reliable underbody structural parts that global automotive companies trust. Our K-Group team is comprised of over 2,000 skilled engineering and manufacturing associates. They are involved in various stages of automotive component production, including product development, analysis, formability, prototyping, production stamping, forming, robotic welding, assembly, and parts shipment.
At KTH, we pride ourselves on leveraging state-of-the-art applications to simulate and analyze design manufacturability. This allows us to provide exceptional technical proficiency in delivering high-quality, high-performance automotive products. Our technical expertise and reliable support enable us to improve, operate, and maintain these products for our valued customers.
KTH Parts Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. We respect and appreciate every individual’s qualifications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.