Immediate opening for a CNC / Die Maintenance Technical Staff associate.
- Support and maintain daily activities and projects for the Die Maintenance Department.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Safety, Quality & Work Procedures for chemicals and operating equipment.
- Program and set-up all CNC machines
- Verifies settings by measuring positions
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions , irregularities and continuing needs.
- Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Die repairs as needed such as grinding and welding.
- Must successfully complete overhead crane training.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends.
- Ability to rotate jobs or shifts.
- Maintain attendance per KLP policy.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Additional Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Assist with other die maintenance associate activities
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of die maintenance storage cage, materials, and job area.
- Assist other die maintenance associates with production line calls
- Complete cross-training assignments as needed
- Complete TPM assignments/requirements in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the Stamping/Die Maintenance Manager or KLP Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of Technical Staff II position.
- High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED)
- Minimum of two year degree in machining or tooling technology, or successful completion of apprenticeship program. Exceptions may be made where management can waive experience under a controlled training program.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Ability to read drawing / blue prints and use of measuring tools.
- Ability to use CAM Software (Mastercam, Surfcam) or Autocad, Solidworks, Geomagic, Catia, Visi.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by a Technical Staff to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the technician is required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The technician is also required to be in the die maintenance and stamping area or travel other places as needed. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associates are required to work in a typical production environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Associates are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Technicians are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), which includes uniform and safety shoes and additional PPE for the safe operation of specific equipment in the die maintenance area.
KTH Leesburg Products LLC offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should complete the application form and submit your resume in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.