Immediate opening for a Die Maintenance Assistant Manager.
- Support and maintain daily activities and projects for the Die Maintenance Department.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all associates follow safe work procedures
- Ensure KLP quality standards are met
- Coordinate daily manpower changes that are deemed necessary
- Comply with all KLP policies and procedures as per the KLP handbook
- Schedule daily die repairs for a three (3) shift operation
- Coordinate die modifications and quality up projects
- Develop and maintain a die P/M program
- Direct and schedule jobs on the CNC Machining Center
- Make timely decisions on emergency die repairs
- Perform attendance and job performance evaluations
- Maintain current overhead crane and forklift license
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends
- Maintain attendance per KLP policy
- Ability to work in a team environment
Additional Job Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Assist with the development of the Die Maint. Business Plan
- Develop Project Plans
- Involvement in the KTH Safety Committee
- Experience in operating machines such as lathes, CNC, Radial Drill, and Welders (Tig, Mig Arc, and Gas)
- Good mechanical abilities, including hand tool use
- Coordinate TPM procedures
- Maintain die repair records
- Order and replace inventory as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned to the satisfaction of the Stamping/Die Maintenance Manager or KLP Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do the essential functions of the Die Maintenance Coordinator position.
- High School Diploma or general equivalent diploma (GED).
- A minimum of three (3) years die making and repair experience, including modifications and design changes.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to sit, stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk or hear. The associate spends most time on the production floor. The associate may frequently lift and move about 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and carry items weighing 60 pounds for a short distance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associates are required to work in a typical manufacturing production environment where the temperature is controlled throughout the year, but may occasionally be warm or cool to individual preferences. Associates are required to work an 8-hour day (not including overtime or other factors affecting the production schedule). Associates are required to wear personal protective equipment, which includes, uniform and safety shoes (when going into the production area – bump cap, safety glasses, earplugs, sleeves and gloves).
KTH Leesburg Products LLC offers a very attractive benefit package, competitive salary and a team oriented engineering and manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should complete the application form and submit your resume in Word or PDF format. KTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.